Luxury jewelry designer, Sara Blaine, has brought her talents to Willow House with an exclusive line of DESIGNER jewelry, handcrafted by the finest artisans around the globe.

WATCH THIS VIDEO TO SEE OUR VERY SPECIAL NEW JEWELRY LINE by AMERICAN DESIGNER SARA BLAINE !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzi_xxjC7Is&feature=player_embedded

Unique Design Tips. Entertaining Ideas. Trends. DIY Projects. And now FABULOUS JEWELRY by American Designer Sara Blaine...

View the new Willow House catalog at http://lynndoherty.willowhouse.com/

Follow me on Pinterest! http://pinterest.com/willowhouselynn

LIKE my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/willowhousewithlynn

Join my team! http://www.lynndoherty.willowhouse.com/JoinNow

Friday, January 13, 2012

Cottage Living Room Update

Part 3:  Cottage Living Room Update

(Continued from Part 1:  Cottage Kitchen Update and Part 2:  Cottage Dining Do over...previous BLOGS on this site.)

Our living room was much more FUN to fix because it entailed a lot more shopping and a lot less work!  Sign me up!  I needed a reprieve :)

Here is the before photo:


Ho - hum...can we say outdated and boring??!!  Yep! 

Again, the trim of this room needed to be sanded, primed and painted Super White by Benjamin Moore.  Yes - my dad and I sanded, primed and painted the trim and window casings and door jams of THE ENTIRE HOME!  It was a lot of work, but the result was well worth it!   Thanks Dad (again!). 

After the trim was complete, the living room walls were painted Lady Finger by Benjamin Moore...a color carried throughout main living area (Thank you Beth!  Great pick!!)

(Lady Finger #1045 by Benjamin Moore)

This is where the fun shopping escapades began!  OHHHHH Yes!  This is so much better than replacing faucets, and painting bookshelves...SHOPPING is something I adore!

I discovered the most FABULOUS throw pillows at www.beachhouselinens.com, and these pillows are what dictated the decor for the entire living room!  I decided on a mainly white and caramel color scheme, remiscent of a sandy beach, with pops of corals as accents. 



With pillows in hand, I had to pull together the rest of the room.  I found a beautiful, uber-soft plaited wool rug at Pottery Barn that I just had to have!  It was a gentle white color that invited "bare feet"...PERFECT!  I also ordered a caramel colored slip covered couch from Pottery Barn...removable, washable slipcovers are a necessity with four kids, and the caramel color would hide most dirt and wear.   Also, I already had two wicker chairs that were caramel in color - very cottageeeee :)  Add to this, a GORGEOUS plaid chair and ottoman from my wonderful sister-in-law, and the room was in great shape! 

I decided on long (96"), textured, fat tie-top panel curtains in white from Pottery Barn for the windows... to keep the room light and cottage casual.  The bronze curtain rods were hung as high as possible to elongate the windows and add height to the room. 

I had a difficult time figuring out what to put on the wall above the couch.  I wanted a beautiful statement piece.  I was about to give up, when I walked through a Ballard Design showroom and caught sight of a big, beautiful mirror that was outlined in breath-taking white coral - giving the impression of it being a large sea shell....and you're not going to believe this...it was ON SALE!  Score! 

Last, but certainly not least to my sweet husband, the KEGERATOR! 

While ideally, this would go in a bar area...we just didn't have a bar in this house (add it to "the list") BUT we did have a nook in the living room that just happened to be the exact size of the kegerator... Hmmmm!  A kegerator in the living room?  Ok - how can I make this work????  Well, a cute "Sand Bar Now Open" sign from Home Goods, and some chalkboard paint to announce "What's on Tap" and the nook actually looks quite cute :) 

And that about covers it!  Here are the AFTER photos...




Compass Points custom ordered at www.vinylcraze.com

 


 


PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT MY BLOG!! http://willowhousewithlynn.blogspot.com

FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!! http://pinterest.com/willowhouselynn
SHOP for WILLOW HOUSE BY LYNN Decor at http://lynndoherty.willowhouse.com



No comments:

Post a Comment